M&M Fin Serv net up 35.8% at Rs 216.8 crore
New Delhi: Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services on Friday reported 35.8 percent jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 216.8 crore for the October-December quarter of the current fiscal, helped by stong revenue growth.
The non-banking finance company had a consolidated net profit of Rs 159.6 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal.
"The company maintained healthy growth of business and profits despite slowdown in auto and tractor industry growth and continuing high cost of borrowings," it said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total consolidated income of the company rose by 38.4 percent to Rs 1,057.32 crore in the third quarter of 2012-13, from Rs 763.93 crore in the year-ago period.
During the nine-month period ended December 31, 2012, the company registered a disbursement growth of 21 percent against the corresponding period last year, thereby maintaining its leadership position for vehicles and tractors in the rural and semi-urban markets.
Shares of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services closed at Rs 1,119.95, down 1.4 percent from their previous day's close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300