Moderating growth will ease inflation: Gokarn
Domestic liquidity conditions are likely to remain stretched for some time, Gokarn added, but said that the central bank would ensure that liquidity stays at comfortable levels.
India's GDP growth fell to 6.9 percent in the second quarter of the current financial year, its weakest pace in more than two years, as persistently high inflation and 13 interest rate hikes since March 2010 bite.
The RBI in its last policy meeting on October 25 had indicated that it was likely to hold rates in its December 16 review, if inflation "trajectory conformed to projections".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products