Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday shared his dream for India while addressing a joint meeting of the US Congress, a dream that included economically empowering every Indian by 2022.
In a historic Capitol Hill address, Modi said his to-do list for the economy of India by 2022, the 75th anniversary of India`s independence was ambitious.
"My to-do list is long and ambitious. But you will understand,” he told the house.
The prime minister's dream, of course, starting with a dream to economically empower the billion citizens of India by 2022.
My dream is to economically empower our billion citizens through many social and economic transformations: PM @narendramodi
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) June 8, 2016
Besides that, Modi's dream for India by 2022 included:
- a vibrant rural economy with robust farm sector;
- a roof over each head and electricity to all households;
- to skill millions of our youth;
- build 100 smart cities;
- have a broad band for a billion, and connect our villages to the digital world;
- and create a twenty-first century rail, road and port infrastructure
— Vikas Swarup (@MEAIndia) June 8, 2016
He also said India's strong economy and growth rate of 7.6 percent per annum was creating new opportunities for mutual prosperity with the US.