No irregularities committed during my tenure: Jaswant Singh
"No irregularities were committed during my tenure. If someone deliberately digs out and alleges that there is irregularity then I am saddened," he told reporters outside Parliament, a day after the CBI told the Supreme Court that Singh would be examined as part of its probe into the scam.
Singh said he has received no communication from the CBI or from the government about examining him but added that he was "glad" that the agency was performing its dut.
"I will cooperate with them fully. "I don't know whether I am going to be roasted, grilled or toasted," he said.
Asked about BJP's statement accusing the CBI of discrimination for not questioning Dayanidhi Maran and P Chidambaram, he recited a couplet from scripture 'Ramcharitmanas' that "powerful men cannot be held guilty".
The CBI had yesterday told the apex court that probe in the 2G spectrum allocation scam has shown "violation" of norms during NDA regime when late Pramod Mahajan and Arun Shourie were the telecom ministers and said the then Finance Minister Jaswant Singh would be examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300