Now, get paid less and more savings in provident fund
Mumbai/New Delhi: Now get ready to feel the pinch in your pocket when you take home a reduced salary. A new circular issued by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will reduce the take home pay of salaried employees.
According to a report published in The Times of India, the new circular will mean a lower pay because allowances paid to employees will have to be added back to the basic salary and provident fund (PF) contributions computed against this higher value.
The circular dated November 30 states that basic wages will include all allowances which are paid to the employees. Thus, various allowances such as conveyance, educational allowance, medical allowance, etc., will have to be taken into consideration while computing the PF contribution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20