Over Rs 22,636 crore lying in inoperative accounts in EPFO
New Delhi: More than Rs 22,636 crore is lying in inoperative accounts in the Employees Provident Fund, the Lok Sabha was informed on Monday.
In a written reply to a question, Minister of State for Labour and Employment Kodikunnil Suresh said the data relating to member-wise account of inoperative accounts was not maintained centrally in Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
As per state-wise details, the total sum in inoperative accounts amounted to Rs 22,636.57 crore, the minister said.
In response to another question, he said from 2010 onwards, there had been 65 complaints by labourers alleging harassment or exploitation by EPFO officials.
Replying to another question, the minister said from 2010 onwards, 398 complaints had been received by EPFO's Vigilance Wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300