PM keeps cards close to chest on Pranab's successor
On Board PM's Aircraft: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday declined to be drawn into the issue of over who would be Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee's successor and whether the UPA government will have new partners.
"I have been churning it in my mind," said Singh when asked whether he has thought of Mukherjee's successor after his nomination as UPA candidate for the Presidential elections or whether he intended to hold the portfolio.
The Prime Minister said that quite honestly he had a number of issues which he has to be resolve.
"It will not be proper for me to announce while I am outside the country. When the decision is taken, you will get to know about it," he added.
Asked whether there is going to be a cabinet reshuffle soon and whether new partners will be joining UPA soon, Singh replied "I think that is a legitimate expectation. You will get to know about it when it takes place."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300