PM should be given fair chance on roll-out of reforms: Premji
Bangalore: Wipro chairman Azim Premji on Tuesday said it was difficult to say how the reform process would roll out, but Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has taken over the finance portfolio, should be a given a fair chance in this regard.
"Frankly, it is difficult to say how it (reform process) is going to roll out. Manmohan Singh certainly has taken over the finance portfolio in addition to his responsibilities as the Prime Minister. So, let us be optimistic on that and give him a fair chance on it," he told reporters to a query here.
Premji said more than policy initiatives, the government should systematically execute on issues which are part of the existing policy.
"The government should focus on large areas that need to be executed or decided upon, be it on infrastructure projects or government projects, which are on stream and which need to be accelerated. Only that is going to happen because it is the key responsibility of the... (government)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300