PMO mulling bailout package for power distribution companies
New Delhi: A bailout package for debt-stricken power companies may be in the works by the government, according to a media report.
Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has instructed the power ministry to come up with a comprehensive bailout package, the report added.
The exact details of this bailout package is yet to come to fore, however; on Wednesday the PMO issued a Cabinet note directing the power ministry to address the problems of power distribution.
Power distribution companies are facing heavy debts. The total debt in 2011 was Rs 1,20,000 while adding the losses it would come up to Rs 2 lakh crore.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300