Pranab Mukherjee to reply on Union Budget
New Delhi: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will on Monday reply to the debate on the Union Budget 2012 tabled in the Lok Sabha recently.
Although the Finance Minister is not expected to announce any major changes in the Union Budget, he may issue some clarifications.
Mukherjee has earlier assured the industry that the government will try to build a consensus on reforms while also hinting that the government would take "some difficult decisions" in the coming months.
Owing to opposition criticism, the government had indicated that it will try to reach a consensus on allowing FDI in muli-brand retail- a move that was suspended after stiff political opposition.
Last week Trinamool Congress hit out at the government over the proposals made in the Union Budget terming it “regressive”.
Participating in the debate on the Union Budget in the Lok Sabha, Trinamool member from Hooghly Ratna De said the budget is “anything but inclusive”.
Brijbhushan Sharan Singh of the Samajwadi Party has said the budget had ignored the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300