Pranab optimistic of revival of India's economic growth
Bhubaneswar: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday expressed confidence that the country would be able to return to the 7 to 8 percent growth level in the next two to three years.
"I am confident that with the measures being taken, we would return to 7 to 8 percent growth level in the next two to three years," Mukherjee said in his address at the 45th convocation of Utkal University here.
Stating that India's strategy of inclusive economic growth has shown positive results, he pointed out that average annual economic growth during the last 10 years was 7.9 per cent though it has decelerated to 5.0 percent in 2012-13.
"We have to make economic growth work for the betterment of our people, especially those at the bottom of the socio-economic pyramid," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300