President stresses on inclusive development
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday called for concerted efforts by private and voluntary sectors and the government to realise the goal of inclusive development.
Presenting the Durgabai Deshmukh Award for Women's Development for the years 2005, 2006 and 2007 at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan here, the president said the government had engineered a major directional change in public policy by its focus on inclusive development.
"(The) government is committed to the development of the weaker and vulnerable sections of our society. It aims at a process of rapid and inclusive growth based on empowering the citizens of the country through education and skill development," he said.
The president said that achievement of the desired goals can become a reality only with the concerted effort of the government, private and voluntary sectors.
Recalling the contribution of Durgabai Deshmukh to the cause of women and social development, the president said she was a parliamentarian, an institution builder and a pioneer in social development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300