'Quality infra necessary for country's development'
Visakhapatnam: For a faster economic and industrial development of the country, there is a need to create quality infrastructure, chairman of Visakhapatnam Port Trust Ajeya Kallam said here on Saturday.
He was speaking while inaugurating a one-day Vizag-Bay Regional Economic Summit 2012.
Besides infrastructure, protection of natural resources is also one of the important factors of the development, Kallam said.
"In India, 60 to 70 percent people are still dependent on agriculture; therefore, identifying land for various purposes, like setting up industries and construction of roads, is essential," he added.
Kallam also emphasised upon the development of sea transportation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300