Road map soon to raise oil consumption to 6 barrels/day: Moily
New Delhi: New Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily Monday promised expeditious decision making as he set a target for more than tripling of oil consumption in the country to boost economic growth.
Moily said he would soon bring out a road map for bringing consumption up to 6 barrels per person per year.
"Average worldwide oil consumption is 14 barrels per person per year while that in developing countries it is three barrels per person per year. In India the picture is not so happy with a consumption of 1.2 barrels per person per year. This is a matter of grave concern," he said after taking over as Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Monday.
Listing out priorities, Moily said investment policy has to be made conducive for foreign investment and delays in decision making avoid it.
"Decisions will be quickened and efforts will be made not to keep things pending," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products