September sees avg electricity price climb to Rs 3/unit on IEX
New Delhi: The average price of electricity traded on the bourse rose to as much as Rs 3 per unit in September and volumes too rose during the same period, according to Indian Energy Exchange (IEX).
IEX is country's leading electricity exchange.
"The average prices in the month of September firmed up in comparison to the prices in the previous month, with the average market clearing price (MCP) in September increasing by 48 percent to Rs 3.04 per unit from Rs 2.06 per unit last month," IEX said in a statement today.
In September, the volume of electricity traded jumped to to 2,835 million unis as compared to 2,343 million units recorded in August.
"The volume traded could have been even higher if around 208 million units were not lost due to congestion in the inter-state transmission corridor," the statement said.
According to IEX, average prices per unit of electricity in the northern, eastern and north-eastern regions touched Rs 2.94, Rs 2.75 and Rs 2.77, respectively, last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300