Services export in Nov at $12.03 bn
Mumbai: India's services export in November 2012 stood at USD 12.03 billion, down 2.5 percent from a month ago, Reserve Bank data showed Tuesday.
The total export from services in October was at USD 12.35 billion, as per the RBI data.
Imports of services also fell down slightly to USD 6.62 billion in November from USD 6.70 billion in the previous month.
The services sector contributes about 55 percent to the country's gross domestic product.
During April-November of 2012-13, the cumulative services receipt or exports has amounted to USD 92.12 billion.
Services outgo or imports stood at USD 53.06 billion during this period of the fiscal.
RBI releases the provisional aggregate monthly data on India's international trade in services with a lag of 45 days.
The monthly data on services are provisional and would undergo revision when the Balance of Payments data are released on a quarterly basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300