Services exports up 6.3% at $11.94 bn in Sept
Mumbai: Services exports in September stood at USD 11.94 billion (over Rs 65,000 crore), up 6.3 percent from that in the same month last year.
Total exports from services in September 2011 was at USD 11.23 billion, according to the Reserve Bank data.
Imports of services during the month fell by 9.6 percent to USD 6.14 billion compared with USD 6.79 billion in the year ago period.
The services sector contributes about 55 percent to the country's gross domestic product.
During April-September of 2012-13, the cumulative services exports amounted to USD 67.74 billion. Services imports stood at USD 39.74 billion in the first six months of the fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300