Topless girls stage protest at WEF meet; three detained
With slogans painted on their bodies, they were heard saying that the WEF gathering was partying at the cost of poor.
According to police officials, the three women were detained and would not be allowed to protest again at the venue.
One of the slogan's read 'Gangsters Party in Davos'.
Going by media reports, these activists were part of Ukranian group Femen, which are known for staging protests on various economic and political issues.
There were also protests near the venue where WTO discussions were taking place and some of the delegates were reported to have been delayed for their meetings due to the protests.
In Davos, people representing the Occupy movement were also seen protesting against the elite gathering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300