• Kingfisher may not be flying at its best. However Parent UB Group stocks shone: UB Engineering (18 percent), United Breweries Holdings (20 percent), United Breweries (7.2 percent), United Spirits (6.37 percent), McDowell Holdings (5 percent), & Kingfisher Airlines (6.3 percent).
• HUL hit 52 week high as BSE FMCG index kept pace to rise 1.06 percent. Stock touched the levels of 446.9 intraday and closed at 446.6 levels.
• Turbulence over? Second day running airline stocks perked (Jet Airways, SpiceJet, and Kingfisher). Trigger being softening crude prices.
• Finally his word seems to have action: PM’s thrust on Infrastructure sector helped Cement stocks in maintaining the momentum. Stocks like India Cements (5.41 percent), Ambuja Cements (3.32 percent), Orient Paper and Industries (1.4 percent) all gained.
• But flip flop on diesel took toll of auto majors: BSE Auto Index down 1.5 percent; Petrol portfolio led Maruti Suzuki closed down 3.4percent.