• For two days in a row, Market breadth remained positive on a choppy trade. On BSE, 1617 shares gained and 1090 shares declined.
• Aviation shares take off on hopes of paring ATF tax and anticipated FDI decision: Aviation Minister's remark on these key issues helped Jet Airways, SpiceJet, and Kingfisher Airlines to gain 5 percent, 3.8 percent, 6.2 percent respectively.
• After HUL, another defensive counter, Divi’s lab touched life time high: Pharmaceutical counter, Divi’s lab hit life time high levels of 967.5 and closed at 958 levels.
• Once again PMO meeting to levy import duty on power equipments fuelled the capital good stocks: Large cap counters like BHEL and L&T gained 1.6 percent and 0.9 percent respectively while midcap counters like BGR Energy and Thermax closed up 2.4 percent and 1.8 percent respectively.
• Although Markets ended up yet the volumes were not so impressive: The total turnover on BSE and NSE amounted to Rs 1.79 lakh crore in comparison to last two day average of Rs 2.17 lakh crore.
First Published: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 18:15