Bajaj Auto scrip hits record high, closes nearly 3% up
Mumbai: Shares of Bajaj Auto Friday rose to a record high of Rs 1,905 in intra-day trade after the company reported 2.88 percent rise in motorcycle sales last month.
The scrip of the company ended at Rs 1,898.55, up 2.90 percent on the BSE. During the day, the stock moved up by 3.24 percent to touch a record high of Rs 1,905.
At NSE, the scrip closed at Rs 1,896.85, up 2.76 percent. "Auto stocks continued their upward track after positive October sales data which were higher-than expected," Nidhi Sarswat, Senior Research Analyst, Bonanza Portfolio said.
Bajaj Auto, the country's second largest two-wheeler maker, today reported 2.88 percent rise in its motorcycle sales at 3,61,186 units in October. The company had sold 3,51,083 units in the corresponding month last year.
Meanwhile, in the broader market, the BSE benchmark index Sensex ended at 18,755.45, up 193.75 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300