Bonds at three-month high on report govt may borrow less
Mumbai: Government bonds rose to new three-month highs on Tuesday on a report quoting an unnamed finance ministry official as saying that the fiscal year borrowing may be less than earlier budgeted if fiscal deficit is kept in check.
A leading English dailty reported that a large chunk of the remaining 400 billion rupees of bond sale may be cancelled due to a pickup in small savings.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield fell 5 bps to 8.47 percent, its lowest since October 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300