Bring coop banks under RTI ambit: BJP to RBI
Thane: BJP has urged the Reserve Bank of India to bring the state cooperative banks under the purview of the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
In its memorandum, party leader Om Prakash Sharma has said that there was need to bring about a transparency in the functioning of the banks.
"As cooperative banks are presently out of the purview of the RTI act, the common man does not know what is happening behind the counters," Sharma said.
There were around 1645 co-operative banks in the country of which 1592 were non-scheduled and 53 scheduled banks, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300