BSE Sensex reclaims 20,000-level ahead of IIP data
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex on Friday regained 20,000-level in early trade on fresh buying by funds and retailers ahead of industrial output data, amid a firming trend on other Asian bourses.
The 30-share barometer up by 66 points to 20,004. The index had lost 51.14 points yesterday on profit-booking.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 21 points to 6,071.
Brokers said expectations of better industrial production (IIP) data for March to be released later today and a firming trend on the Asian markets, mainly triggered selective buying by funds and retail investors.
In the Asian region, Japan's Nikkei was sharply up by 2.75 percent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose by 0.26 percent in early trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.15 percent lower yesterday.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300