Here are important announcements made by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his Budget speech 2016-17
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Here are important announcements made by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his Budget speech 2016-17
1. Big Focus on agriculture and farmer’ welfare.
2. Rs 27,000 crore including State’s share to be spent on PMGSY in 2016-17. Target date of completion of PMGSY advanced from 2021 to 2019.
3. Rs 9 lakh crore will be given as Agricultural credit in 2016-17.
4. FCI will undertake online procurement of food grains. This will bring transparency and convenience to farmers through prior registration and monitoring of procurement.
5. Pashudhan Sanjeevani, an animal wellness programme, will be undertaken. Nakul Swasthya Patras to be issued.
6. More focus on Rural Sector.
7. Targeted Delivery of Government subsidies and benefits to ensure that they reach the poor and the deserving.
8. MUDRA – Loan target of 1,80,000 crore in 2016-17.
9. More spending on social, education sector and job creation.
10. Measures in the sectors of Infrastructure, Investment, Banking, Insurance etc.