Disclose structure of capital instruments: RBI to Banks
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Tuesday asked lenders to disclose structure of capital instruments issued at least on a half-yearly basis along with financial earnings report.
"This disclosure requirement is intended to meet the Basel III requirement to provide a description of the main features of capital instruments," said the RBI's guidelines on Composition of Capital Disclosure Requirements.
These guidelines will become effective from July 1 and therefore, the first set of disclosures should be made by banks as on September 30, 2013
"All disclosures must either be included in a bank's published financial results/statements or, at a minimum, must be disclosed on bank's website," the guidelines said.
RBI has released common reporting template for banks.
As of now, banks do not disclose details on the structure used for raising capital.
Basel III the global capital norms for banks. India is implementing the norms in a phased manner from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300