Exim Bank gives $10 mn line of credit to Seychelles
Mumbai: Exim Bank has provided a line of credit (LOC) of USD 10 million to Seychelles, RBI said on Monday.
The LOC for Seychelles is for financing eligible goods, services, machinery and equipment including consultancy services from India for the purpose of import of goods and services for specific projects funded by Development Bank of Seychelles in Seychelles, RBI said in a notification.
A line of credit is an arrangement between a financial institution and a customer that establishes a maximum loan balance that the bank will permit the borrower to maintain.
"The goods, services, machinery and equipment including consultancy services from India for exports under this agreement are those which are eligible for export under the Foreign Trade Policy of India and whose purchase may be agreed to be financed by the Exim Bank under this agreement," RBI said.
The credit agreement under the LOC is effective from June 10, 2013 and the date of execution of agreement is December 18, 2012, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300