• Reliance Mediaworks rocked on fund raising plans: Counter rose 5.5 percent post company signed a term sheet with a foreign PE fund to sell a minority stake in its film, media services unit for Rs 605 crore.
• Retail shares rallied on FDI revival buzz: Pantaloon Retail, Shoppers Stop, Trent, Provogue India all soared 6.83 percent, 5.17 percent, 3.64 percent, 9.88 percent respectively.
• Triveni turbines tumbled after disappointing earnings: Scrip slipped 3.88 percent after reporting drop in sales as well as profitability.
• Bajaj Finserv in demand after reporting robust earnings: Considering the stellar results, Bank of America Merrill Lynch has initiated a buy on the stock with a target of Rs 806.Stock closed the day with gains of 4.36 percent.
• Adani Enterprises hit 52 week low on the rumours regarding the arrest of the chairman: Share touched 52 week low levels of Rs 187.2.However, Adani Group strongly denied all these rumors which helped the stock to recover and it ended with gains of 2 percent.
First Published: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 19:19