• After three consecutive days of positivity, market breadth finally turned negative, as 1701 shares fell while 1011 shares rose.
• Policy paralysis at UPA: Fertilizer stocks like NFL (up 0.3 percent), RCF (down 0.26 percent) pared all their initial gains after CCEA meeting on hike in urea prices got deferred.
• Back to square one: After two days of dream run, airline stocks landed and saw profit booking; Jet Airways (down 1.9 percent), SpiceJet (down3.87 percent), and Kingfisher (down 2.45 percent).
• Intraday Rupee Volatility: Except BSE IT and Teck Index, all other indices closed down in red and Realty, Banking, Capital Goods (CG) lost maximum 3.04 percent followed by 2.94 percent, and 2.89 percent respectively.
• Rate cut hopes wane: Rate sensitive stocks (Realty, Banking, and Auto) got beaten down on diminishing hope of rate cut after higher inflation numbers of May.
First Published: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 17:43