Frequently use ATM card? Here are 5 good practices you must follow
There are a few important things that you should keep in mind while you are doing your debit card activity. Here are 5 good practices you must follow while you are doing transaction on via ATM.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: You all know how to maintain security and privacy on the use of your debit cards.
Things like not writing your PIN or passwords on your ATMs, not sharing your password with anyone, are the most important things when it comes to using your card.
However, there are a few more things that you should keep in mind while you are doing your debit card activity.
Here are 5 good practices you must follow while you are doing transaction on via ATM.
1. While many would advise that it is not good to count the money inside ATM machine. But if you do so with a little caution, it will be helpful. Some ATM users have complained that the money dispensed was not similar to what they punched. Though you need not worry if it happens. You can always complain at the bank and they will retrieve your amount. But a little caution always helps.
2. Many of us have this habit of finishing up the transaction and quickly leaving the ATM. Always press the cancel button when the transaction is over. You can be doubly sure that the person behind you will not be able to tamper with anything.
3. Many times you might have noticed that a few people stand near the ATM machine in such a way that you can actually track their finger movement. Don't do this mistake. Always cover the ATM password keys and the ATM machine screen with your body. Transactions are very personal, let them remain so.
4. Keep checking your mini statement balance from time to time. This will not only give you an idea of how much transaction you have done recently, but will also help you track any unfamiliar transactions.
5. Finally, as a good ATM user, don't occupy the ATM machine for long. If it is a busy area, there would be others waiting in the que eagerly.