Govt considering further hike in EPF interest rate: Minister
New Delhi: A proposal to revise the interest rate of Employees Provident Fund (EPF) by 0.25 percent is under the consideration of the government.
Replying to a question in Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Labour and Employment Kodikunnil Suresh said the Central Board of Trustees (CBT) Employees' Provident Fund (EPF), at its meeting, has recommended 8.75 percent interest rate for 2013-14, which is an increase of 0.25 percent over the previous year of 2012-13.
Stating that employees' representatives of CBT, EPF have been demanding an increase in the interest rate on EPF, he said, however, the interest rate depends upon the earning on the investment of the fund.
On the basis of the present earning, CBT, EPF has proposed an interest of 8.75 percent, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300