Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Retirement fund body EPFO has made Universal Account Number (UAN) mandatory for all employers covered under the Employees Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952.
Every employee of an organization with an active PF account is alloted a UAN.
With UAN you can you can easily access your PF profile and download online passbook, request for transfer and change.
To avail these benefits you must create login by visiting UAN Homepage.
Activation of the UAN Number is very easy. Follow these 5 simple steps.
1. Go to the following link first.
2. Upon opening the link you will be asked to fill the following details
Your Universal Account Number (UAN)
Enter your Mobile Number
Enter your Provident Fund Member ID
3. Once you fill the details, you will recieve a code on your registered mobile number (the number you have just registered)
4. Check your mobile SMS and type the code in the text box.
5. Your UAN will be activated soon. And once the activation is complete, you will be prompted to create a login user id and password for accessing the UAN services.