ICICI Bank gets $100 million from British arm
Mumbai: ICICI Bank Tuesday said it has received capital repatriation of USD 100 million (around Rs 545 crore) from its wholly-owned British subsidiary.
This comprises redemption of USD 50 million of preference share capital and return of USD 50 million of equity capital, the country's largest lender ICICI Bank said in a statement.
"ICICI Bank UK had a capital adequacy ratio of 31.5 percent as of December 2012. Post-repatriation, its capital base stands at USD 495 million and its capital adequacy ratio continues to be strong," the statement said.
It also said this will further improve the already healthy capital adequacy ratio of the parent ICICI Bank.
The capital adequacy ratio of ICICI Bank stood at 19.53 percent with a tier-I capital of 13.25 percent as of December quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300