Jet Airways shares soar over 8%
Mumbai: Shares of Jet Airways Tuesday surged by over 8 percent on the bourses, as the company said it has mutually agreed with tax authorities on a payment schedule for the pending service tax dues.
After a weak opening on the BSE, the stock recovered all its losses and witnessed impressive buying by investors around the mid-day trade. The shares finally settled 7.64 percent higher at Rs 314.85 on the BSE.
During the intra-day trade, the stock soared as much as 9 percent to touch a high of Rs 318.30.
At the NSE, Jet shares closed 8.66 percent up at Rs 318.
Asserting that at its accounts were never frozen, Jet said it will pay its remaining service tax dues on March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20