Jet Airways shares surge over 7% on Cabinet nod to Etihad deal
Mumbai: Shares of Jet Airways on Friday soared over 7 percent after the Union Cabinet cleared the company's proposed sale of 24 per cent equity to Abu Dhabi-based Etihad.
Cheering the move, shares of Jet opened the day on a bullish note and further jumped 7.26 percent to Rs 414.70 on the BSE.
On the NSE, the scrip surged 7.24 percent to Rs 414.60.
Paving the way for the biggest ever foreign investment in India's aviation sector, the Union Cabinet last night cleared Jet Airways' proposed sale of 24 per cent equity to Etihad, days after the Rs 2,058 crore deal got regulatory clearances.
The proposal was of Etihad to subscribe 27,263,372 Jet shares of Rs 10 each, amounting to 24 percent of post-issue paid-up equity share capital for Rs 2,057.66 crore.
The FIPB had cleared the deal on July 29 with some major riders to maintain effective Indian control over the airline after the stake sale to Etihad.
Meanwhile, the broader market was also trading higher, with the BSE benchmark Sensex trading 72.86 points up at 19,974.93 at 1000 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20