Jet Airways shares up over 4% on bourses
Mumbai: Shares of Jet Airways Thursday surged over 4 percent as the representatives of the Indian firm and Etihad Airways met Sebi officials and sought an early clearance to their Rs 2,060-crore deal from the capital market watchdog.
The airline's stock rose by 4.49 percent to settle at Rs 302.60 on the BSE. In intra-day trade, the scrip surged 7.47 percent to Rs 311.25.
At the NSE, shares of Jet Airways closed at Rs 302, up 4.57 percent from its previous close.
On the volume front, 14.86 lakh shares of the company changed hands at the BSE, while more than 54 lakh shares were traded at the NSE.
The meeting took place yesterday following the regulator's apprehension about the UAE carrier's indirect control of the Naresh Goyal-promoted airline, in which it acquired a 24 percent stake, and seeking to know why the Gulf carrier should not be made to make an open offer to the Jet shareholders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20