M-cap of top 8 firms down by Rs 31,804 cr; ITC biggest loser
Mumbai: The combined market capitalisation (m-cap) of top eight Sensex companies declined by Rs 31,804.38 crore last week, pulled down mainly by FMCG major ITC which lost Rs 10,969 crore.
TCS, RIL, ONGC, ITC, SBI, NTPC, Infosys and HDFC saw losses in their m-cap, while on the other hand Coal India and HDFC Bank made gains, in an overall weak stock market.
The m-cap of ITC plunged Rs 10,969 crore to Rs 2,15,881 crore during the week gone by.
After ITC, TCS was the second biggest loser in the domestic market capitalisation chart. TCS's value dipped Rs 7,739 crore to Rs 2,51,688 crore.
Among others, the m-cap of RIL fell by Rs 4,122 crore to Rs 2,50,899 crore, while SBI's market value plummeted by Rs 3,278 crore to Rs 1,41,422 crore and HDFC lost Rs 3,243.79 crore to Rs 1,19,060 crore.
ONGC's value tanked by Rs 1,412 crore to Rs 2,18,549 crore, while the m-cap of NTPC dropped by Rs 619 crore to Rs 1,37,039 crore and Infosys lost Rs 421.59 crore to Rs 1,34,476 crore.
In contrast, CIL added Rs 2,968 crore taking its m-cap to Rs 2,21,672 crore, while HDFC Bank's value soared Rs 645.05 crore to Rs 1,51,750 crore.
TCS continued to rule the top 10 m-cap chart, followed by RIL, CIL, ONGC, ITC, HDFC Bank, SBI, NTPC, Infosys and HDFC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products