MCX-SX joins United Nation's SSE initiative
Mumbai: MCX Stock Exchange (MCX-SX) has signed the voluntary commitment to the UN's Sustainable Stock Exchanges initiative to promote long-term investment and improved environmental, social and corporate governance disclosure and performance among listed companies.
With this, MCX-SX has joined the global league of six other exchanges that have committed to the UN SSE initiative, a statement issued here said.
"We are committed to market-based approaches to sustainable development. We intend to achieve inclusive and enhanced market access through knowledge and empowerment. I am sure our commitment to the SSE initiative will enhance sustainability reporting standards in India," MCX-SX Managing Director and Chief Executive Joseph Massey said.
The other six exchanges that have so far publicly committed to the SSE initiative are NASDAQ OMX, the Brazilian stock exchange BM & FBOVESPA, Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Egyptian Exchange (EGX), and Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300