NPAs of nationalised banks stand at Rs 59,397 crore: FM
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said gross non-performing assets (GNPAs) of nationalised banks stood at Rs 59,397 crore at the end of December 2011.
During 2010-11, nationalised banks had written off loans worth Rs 12,043.21 crore, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told the Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
There are 19 nationalised banks in the country, excluding State Bank of India and its group and IDBI Bank.
"The loans amounting to Rs 46,934.58 crore have been restructured in the nationalised banks during 2010-11," he said.
He also said the RBI collects the information on wilful defaulters (non-suit filed accounts) of Rs 25 lakh and above from scheduled commercial banks and all India Notified Institutions on quarterly basis.
The number of wilful defaulters, as per guidelines issued by RBI in respect of nationalised banks as on March 31, 2011 is 716.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300