Rajiv Takru is the new Financial Services Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Takru on Friday took charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services.
A 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Takru was previously Prasar Bharti CEO, replaced D K Mittal who retired yesterday.
Takru, who joins the Finance Ministry ahead of the Budget for 2013-14 to be presented later in the month, is scheduled meet heads of public sector bankers on February 5.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) posted him as OSD in the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, from January 15 to January 31, 2013.
Prior to this Takru was Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20