RBI chief says RBI board committee to decide on bank licences
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan said on Wednesday a final call on issuing new bank licenses would only be given after a decision is reached by the central bank board committee, without providing a specific timeline.
Rajan, in an interview with a TV channel, also called issuing new bank licenses a "regulatory" process that should not come to an end because of a change in government.
On Tuesday, the election commission allowed the RBI to announce new bank licences even before the general elections conclude next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300