Rupee at one-month high on share surge, inflows
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 15:30
Mumbai: The rupee rose 0.72 percent on Tuesday to touch its highest level in a month, propelled by the surge in domestic equities and robust dollar inflows into local debt.
At 2:59 pm, the rupee was at 52.135/145 to the dollar after touching a high of 52.12, a level not seen since December 12. The unit closed 0.5 percent higher at 52.50/51 on Monday.
First Published: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 15:30
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products