Rupee falls 17 paise against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee fell by 17 paise to 61.98 against the US dollar in early trade Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on increased demand for the American currency from oil importers.
Forex dealers said a weak opening at the domestic equity market also weighed on the rupee.
The rupee had gained 7 paise at 61.81 against the US dollar on increased selling of the American currency by exporters in yesterday's trade.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 65.76 points, or 0.31 percent, to 21,271.91 in early trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300