Rupee gains 4 paise against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee rose marginally by 4 paise to 51.10 against the US dollar in early trade Tuesday on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market as the American currency weakened against the euro and some other currencies overseas.
Besides dollar's weakness against foreign currencies, a higher opening in the local equity market also supported the rupee, dealers said.
The rupee had ended lower by 3 paise at Rs 51.14/15 against the dollar in yesterday's trade.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex recovered by 48.32 points, or 0.17 percent, to 17,270.46 in early trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300