Rupee gains to 45-50/dollar would hit exports: Rajan
Mumbai: India`s central bank Governor Raghuram Rajan told a TV channel a "substantial" strengthening in the rupee to 45 or 50 per dollar could hit exports, although he added the Reserve Bank of India was fine with "a certain amount of leeway" in the currency.
Rajan also said during an interview that the RBI does not want to declare victory on inflation yet, despite keeping interest rates on hold on Tuesday as widely expected.
The RBI would rethink its stance if there is a "substantial" change of inflation, up or down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300