Rupee hits fresh 3-month high of 53.07 against dollar
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday appreciated by 23 paise to trade at fresh three-month high of 53.07 against the US dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks and increased capital inflows.
Besides, strengthening of euro and other currencies against the dollar overseas after the European Union's eurozone confidence index jumped for the third straight month as debt concerns slowly ebbed, also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The BSE benchmark Sensex fell by 22.72 points, or 0.11 percent, to 19,982.28 in early trade today.
The rupee had shot up by 47 paise to close at nearly three-month high of 53.30 yesterday against the dollar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300