Rupee marginally up against dollar
Mumbai: The rupee dropped by 21 paise to trade at 54.47 against the dollar Monday on fresh demand for the US currency from banks and exporters.
The rupee resumed slightly lower at 54.27 per dollar as against the last weekend's level of 54.26 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market and dropped further to 54.48 before quoting 54.47 at 1040 hrs.
It hovered in a range of 54.24 and 54.48 per dollar during the morning deals.
Renewed dollar demand from banks and exporters in view it being stronger in the overseas market mainly affected the rupee value, a dealer said.
Meanwhile, the Indian benchmark BSE-30 index, Sensex, dropped by 40 points or 0.21 percent to 19,299.56 at 1050 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300