Rupee opens at 60.14 vs US Dollar; gains 10 paise
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian rupee on Wednesday opened at 60.14 in the early morning trade. It gained 10 paise as compared to Tuesday's closing of 60.24 per dollar.
The rupee's gain could be contributed to constant flow of Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) in the local equity market. As the Asian stocks have opened in green on Wednesday, there is a possibility that the Indian rupee might grow strong during the day.
Tokyo`s Nikkei climbed 0.2 percent on Wednesday. MSCI`s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan rose 0.1 percent.
The benchmark Sensex on Wednesday opened more than 120 points up to trade at 26,104.56 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products