Rupee pares early losses against dollar, still down by 15 paise
Mumbai: The rupee pared some of its early losses but still quoted 15 paise down at 55.25 against the American currency in the late morning trade.
The rupee resumed lower at 55.13 per dollar as against the last closing level of 55.10 per dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market and declined further to 55.37 per dollar before quoting at 55.25 per dollar at 1050 hrs.
Traders said dollar demand from banks and importers on the back of higher dollar in overseas market put the Indian currency under pressure.
It moved in a range of 55.13 per dollar and 55.37 per dollar during the morning deals.
"The rupee is still expected to be weak with some dips in between," said India Forex Advisors in a report.
In New York, the dollar turned higher yesterday as attention shifted back toward whether and when Greece will get its next installment of bailout funds.
Meanwhile, the Indian benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 80.13 points, or 0.44 percent, to 18,409.45 at 1100 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20