Rupee trims initial loss against dollar
Mumbai: The rupee reduced some of its initial losses Friday but was still down 14 paise at 55.40 against the dollar on demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
The rupee resumed lower at 55.35 a dollar as against the last close of 55.26 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market and moved between 55.34 and 55.45, before quoting at 55.40 a dollar.
Besides fresh dollar demand from banks and importers, the American currency was also quoting stronger against other currencies in the overseas markets and that too impacted the rupee value against it, a forex dealer said.
Meanwhile, the BSE 30-stock index, Sensex, was down 70 points or 0.39 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300